Pre A1 Starters is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. Designed for 6 to 8 yr old learners, it is the start of a child’s language learning journey.
Pre A1 Starters is the first of three Cambridge English Qualifications designed for young learners. These courses and tests introduce children to everyday written and spoken English and are an excellent way for them to gain confidence and improve their English.The online course is designed for a duration of 6 weeks with 3 live classes per week with a certified teacher. Each class is scheduled for an hour involving various activities, games, videos etc., to engage students most effectively.
18 hours of live classes, 30 hours of additional activities, practice of listening and speaking skills of the ELSA app makes the learning holistic and preparing the learners for the Cambridge English Qualifications. The course is designed around familiar topics and focus on the skills needed to communicate effectively in English through listening, speaking, reading and writing.
On completion of the course the students will be prepared to take the A1 starters assessment followed by certification. The test will be conducted in August/September 2020.
CEFR level: Pre-level A1 What’s this?
No.of online classes: 18 sessions of 50 minutes each
Total duration of online classes: 6 weeks
Test format: Paper-based
No. of papers: 3
Test length: About 45 minutes
Pre A1 Starters can help your child take their first step towards:
- understanding basic English content on the internet
- enjoying books, songs, television and films in English
- making friends globally.
Reasons to choose Pre A1 Starters
- There’s no pass or fail – every child gets a Cambridge English certificate which celebrates their achievements.
- The online course and test uses realistic everyday situations to bring learning to life.
- The online course and test covers all major varieties of English (e.g. British English, American English).
- We have a huge range of free and paid-for support.
‘We were so proud to receive the prestigious Cambridge English certificates.’
Germaine Teh Jhee Wei
Cambridge English Qualifications Schools candidate, Thailand