A1 Movers is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. Designed for 8 to 10 yr old learners, it is a progression from the pre A1 starters level of a child’s language learning journey.
A1 Movers is the second of three Cambridge English Qualifications designed for young learners. These courses and tests introduce children to everyday written and spoken English and are an excellent way for them to gain confidence and improve their English.The online course is designed for a duration of 6 weeks with 3 live classes per week with a certified teacher. Each class is scheduled for 65 mins involving various activities, games, videos etc., to engage students most effectively.
20 hours of live classes, 30 hours of additional activities, practice of listening and speaking skills of the ELSA app makes the learning holistic and preparing the learners for the Cambridge English Qualifications. The course is designed around familiar topics and focus on the skills needed to communicate effectively in English through listening, speaking, reading and writing.
On completion of the course the students will be prepared to take the A1 Movers assessment followed by certification. The test will be conducted in August/September 2020.
CEFR level: A1 What’s this?
Total duration of online classes: 6 weeks
No. of papers: 3
Test format: Paper-based
No.of online classes: 18 sessions of 50 minutes each
Test length: About 60 minutes
A1 Movers can help your child:
- understand basic instructions or take part in simple conversations
- understand basic notices, instructions or information
- complete basic forms and write notes, including times, dates and places.
Reasons to choose A1 Movers:
- There’s no pass or fail – every child gets a Cambridge English certificate which celebrates their achievements.
- The online course and test uses realistic everyday situations to bring learning to life.
- The online course and test covers all major varieties of English (e.g. British English, American English).
- We have a huge range of free and paid-for support.
‘The introduction of Cambridge English: Young Learners has changed the traditional way of teaching a language. It has become more interesting…’
Chennai Public School, India