Why Cambridge English?
Over 100 years of experience and expertise
Cambridge English is a unique approach to teaching, learning and assessing English. It combines the experience and expertise of Cambridge English Language Assessment and Cambridge University Press.
Cambridge English is driven by world-class research and a profound commitment to:
- delivering educational excellence
- providing increased opportunities for learners and teachers
- offering value to teachers, educational institutions and employers
- promoting language learning to benefit society as a whole.
Seven reasons why you should choose Cambridge English:
1. Develop real-life English skills
- Cambridge English exams are designed to assess how learners use English to communicate in real-life situations.
- Teachers preparing students for our exams are giving them communication skills they can use for everyday life, work and study.
Take a look at our exams
2. Exams for a range of levels and uses
- All our exams are aligned with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) – the international standard for describing language ability.
- We have a quick and free online English test to help learners find the most suitable exam for them.
- It is easy for employers and educational institutions to specify the level of English ability they require, and for learners to choose the right exam to reach their goal.
3. Accepted for work, immigration and study globally
- 15,000 universities, employers and governments around the world accept Cambridge English exams.
- Our exams open doors to higher education, improve employment opportunities, and increase choice for study or work.
- Many Cambridge English exams are also accepted for visa and study purposes in the UK, Australia, USA and Canada. IELTS, which is produced by Cambridge English, can also be used for UK visas and immigration.
4. Fully supported by a range of learning and teaching resources
- We offer a wide variety of resources including Official Cambridge English preparation materials, videos, social media and games to help learners practise and improve their English effectively.
- We provide teaching resources, qualifications and professional development to make an English language teaching career rewarding, effective and enjoyable.
- Each exam comes with comprehensive preparation and support materials for learners and teachers.
5. International and available worldwide
- We accept different varieties of English in all our exams – including American and British. Our Listening tests include a variety of accents from Australasia, North America and Britain.
- We have approximately 2,800 authorised exam centres in 130 countries.
- There are more than 52,000 registered preparation centres.
- Candidates have choice and flexibility over when, where and how to take an exam.
- Many of our exams can be taken on a computer or on paper.
6. Secure, reliable and fair
- Cambridge English exams are designed to be fair to all test takers, whatever their age, gender, nationality, first language or ethnic background.
- Organisations can verify results using our secure online Results Verification Service.
- All exam centres follow strict quality and security requirements and are regularly inspected.
Find out how our exams are produced (in English)
7. Backed by world-class research
- Our exams are backed by extensive research carried out by one of the world’s largest dedicated language research teams.
- As part of the University of Cambridge, we are committed to sharing our best practice and research.