C2 Proficiency, formerly known as Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is our highest-level qualification – proof that you are a highly competent speaker of English.
A C2 Proficiency qualification shows the world that you have mastered English to an exceptional level. It proves you can communicate with the fluency and sophistication of a highly competent English speaker.
Preparing for and passing the exam means you have the level of English that’s needed to study or work in a very senior professional or academic environment, for example on a postgraduate or PhD programme.
A C2 Proficiency qualification shows that you can:
- study demanding subjects at the highest level, including postgraduate and PhD programmes
- negotiate and persuade effectively at senior management level in international business settings
- understand the main ideas of complex pieces of writing
- talk about complex or sensitive issues, and deal confidently with difficult questions.
Reasons to choose C2 Proficiency:
- This is our highest-level exam. Passing it proves that you have mastered English to an exceptional level.
- Helps you to develop the English skills needed to succeed in very high level academic or professional environments.
‘Proficiency helped me get into my dream drama school and gave me the confidence to perform in English in front of thousands of people’
Actor, director, and C2 Proficiency certiﬁcate holder