C1 Advanced, formerly known as Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE), is one of our Cambridge English Qualifications. It is the in-depth, high-level qualification that shows you have the language skills that employers and universities are looking for.
More than 8,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments around the world accept C1 Advanced as proof of high-level achievement in learning English.
Preparing for C1 Advanced helps learners develop the skills to make the most of studying, working and living in English-speaking countries.
A C1 Advanced qualification shows that you can:
- follow an academic course at university level
- communicate effectively at a managerial and professional level
- participate with confidence in workplace meetings or academic tutorials and seminars
- express yourself with a high level of fluency.
Reasons to choose B2 First for Schools:
- Monthly test dates available at 2,800 exam centres around the world.
- Accepted by over 8,000 educational institutions, businesses and government departments.
- Opens doors to international travel, work and study.
‘Candidates who have taken C1 Advanced will be confident and flexible language users and should be able to flourish in an academic environment.’
Coordinator of English
London School of Economics